Tuesday 3 January 2017

Welcoming 2017!



A special greeting to all my friends! It's been quite some years since I last blogged about my paper creations. I had stopped making handcrafted cards due to other commitments, but lately I have managed to create some Christmas bookmarks for some members of my community, and I decided to explore again the blogging adventure. 

I had to create a new blog as I was having trouble posting in my original blog (for those who want to see my previous works, this is the URL: craftingmagic.blogspot.com). 

These are the four bookmarks I was speaking about. I used Magnolia and Hanglar images, and regarding the style I used, I was inspired by Camilla. I really enjoyed colouring these images, after years of doing so :) 



I coloured the images with Distress inks and reinkers, focusing mainly on shades of blue (contrasting with browns). The papers and coordinating snowflakes and blue stars tape is from the Dovecraft Magic and Sparkle range. I also added white lace, blue and gold organza ribbon, Stickles for bling and paper doilies. 

These are some more detailed photos for you to enjoy! I wish you all a very blessed and happy 2017, and hopefully I can get back to posting some creations now and then. 


One can notice the shiny effect created with Stickles and Crystal Lacquer on the heart that the girl is holding. 
Isn't she angelic? :) I have never stopped enjoying myself colouring these images!
I could picture this cutie walking with that candle in her hand.... so Christmassy!
In this photo the dimension of the string of hearts is more visible. 

To add some fun, I will be participating with these bookmarks in some challenges:

 Craft Heaven shop Craft Heaven blog's challenge, as this month's challenge is called "Winter Blues"
The Noor Design challenge blog and at 
The Ribbon Girl Blog as in both challenges the theme is "Anything Goes".
Midweek Magnolias challenge - and my new stash is the Magic and sparkle range of papers, snowflakes stickers and stars tape. My gold organza ribbon is also new, bought especially for the Christmas season. 
All About Magnolia  Challenge with "All about anything goes" 

Thank you for the opportunity! Please feel free to tell me what you think about these creations. I had a friend of mine order one as a gift for herself when she saw the photos, as she really liked them. 
Blessings!

Many well wishes and God sent blessings my dear ones! 

13 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, your bookmarks are beautiful and your colouring and designs are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina x
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina for leaving me some love :) Your creations are very inspiring, I really really love them!

      Delete
  2. These are all so beautiful, I love your natural colour choices, so very pretty. Thank you for joining us over at Midweek Magnolias. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful & your colouring is fabulous. Love the colours I love blues & browns together.
    Hope to see more of you work hun & its so good you have come back to crafting & blogging.
    Happy New Year.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Vicky! so nice of you. Thank you for following the blog. Blessings xx

      Delete
  4. Your tags are really beautiful. Thanks for lovely inspiration.
    hanap

    ReplyDelete
  5. These tags are simply stunning Rosette!
    Thanks for playing along in January Craft Heaven Shop Challenge..
    Hope to see more of your gorgeous projects in the future!
    Hugs, Tina (owner and operator at Craft Heaven Shop)
    Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah a lovely comment from you Tina! Thanks, you brought a smile on my face :) Actually i have a second entry in the challenge, a baby card :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosette, Your Tags are absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Heaven Shop, good luck and I hope you will join us again. Hugs, DT Irene Mendes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene dear xxxx Thank you for leaving some love! xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for joining our All About Magnolia Challenge with this stunning creation ♥
    We really hope to see you back next challenge!
    Good Luck!

    XX Diana (DeeDee)
    www.deedees-cardart.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete