Sunday 22 January 2017

A card fit for a princess

Hi fellow crafters! I hope you are keeping well, especially those who are in cold weather struck countries; and that you had a wonderful week.

Today I want to share with you a card I did with my favourite stamps: those of Magnolia! :)

I coloured my card with Distress inks on Langton hot pressed paper 300gsm, and I played with lots of embellies to create what I had in mind.





On this card I used Magnolia papers from the "Once upon a time collection", the pink paper with the crowns, and a piece of the "pages from a book", which I stuck sideways underneath the image. I distressed it, tore it from various parts, crumbled it, and at the end I added some strokes of gesso. Coming out of one of the torn pieces, I did this small bouquet of flowers. In this close-up image, you can also notice the cute heart made of beads.




I also added the elegant touch with a large piece of lace material which I had in my stash. I think I had kept it aside some years ago, and it was part of a wedding dress someone had given away.
It is beautiful, as you may notice from the card, I placed it under the other bouquet of flowers. You may see a part of the white flower, some of its lace leaves sticking out, and also two of its flowers, on which I placed some pearls in their centre.




Behind the image I put a scalloped edge, made out of a border punch I have. I used Norma's tutorial which was very helpful for a first time. Tilda has some stardust stickles on her pretty dress, and some silver ones on her crown. The pearl strings and the crown stamp finished off the image nicely.



Lace, grey striped ribbon and a crown charm sewn into organza ribbons decorate the lower part of my card.

What else? Oh, the sentiment is from a Stampin' Up set, and finally, for the first time I played with some gesso around the edges and on the flowers. I hope you like this card, and that you let me know what you think about it.


Another angle shot, which shows you the spots I did around the image, also with gesso ;) Finally added two star rhinestones, pink and dainty. I had to stop myself, cause I would have added more stuff!! I shall use this card for a friend who will be celebrating her brithday verrry soon!! 



I hope you have a Wonderful Sunday, my dear friends. 

I'll be playing along with some Magnolia challenges with this one: 



Midweek Magnolias #156 - Anything goes with a Magnolia image
Magnolia-licious Challenge # 2 - Anything goes
All About magnolia Challenge #19 - All about anything goes
Magnolia Forever #49 - Celebrate
Lovely hanglar or sweet magnolia  #142- Anything goes


God bless you always!
Rosette :)


WOO HOO!! 

WINNER of Challenge #2 of Magnolia-licious Challenge!!!! 💗💗




Made the top three at Midweek Magnolias!!!!







17 comments:

  1. Your colouring is stunning Rosette...such a beautiful card!! Beautifully designed and embellished...thank you for sharing with us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia...good luck and I hope that you will join us again next challenge!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth dear for leaving such a sweet comment :) I always wish I had more time to play with my Maggies! Unfortunately I don't own any of the recent ones (which are cuuute) but these are always pretty, just the same!

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful and sweet card! As always, your coloring of the image is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh thank you Susan dear. I missed your friendship and I'm happy to see you coming over my blog again! God bless you sweet Susan :)

      Delete
  3. Stunning! Thanks for joining at Magnolia Forever: Celebrate
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful card with superb colouring and so many pretty elements to catch the eye. Thank you for sharing with us over at Magnolia-licious. Good luck.
    Hugs Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Suzi :) I adore my maggies, and everything Magnolia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie this is so beautiful, this was the first Tilda I fell in love with & she is still on eof my many MANY faves lol. Love the shabby chic feel to this card....this is so up my street lol. Love the torn paper as well, really adds the perfect touch.
    Thank you for joining us over at LHOSM, hope you will join us again sweetie. Good luck.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Midweek Magnolias.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Rosette. I'm back again for another look at your lovely card. I haven't seen this Tilda in a while and she has been one of my all time favorites. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sweet of you Cathy to come back :) Yes that stamp is been out for a while, more than 7 years for sure. I had stopped making cards for the last years, and I had it from when I was in Bells & Whistles DT. I do not have any of the recent ones (which ARE amazing), so that's why I use the older ones! :) But at least I am having fun again xxx

      Thanks again for leaving some love here, nice having you hun.

      Hugs. R

      Delete
  9. Another gorgeous cration!
    Thank you so much for joining our All About Magnolia Challenge with this stunning creation ♥
    We really hope to see you back next challenge!
    Good Luck!

    XX Diana (DeeDee)
    www.deedees-cardart.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks DeeDee dear. I just love my maggies so much xxx thanks for leaving some love xx
      hugs, R

      Delete
  10. Beautiful card Rosette! Love the attention to details and the adorable layout of the card!
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us au Magnolia Forever.
    Hugs and Smiles
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Francesca dear xxx I wish I had more time to play 😊
      hugs, R

      Delete